Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Return the Heart Book Tour.

If, there is any thing I have forgot to put in this, please email me at michelleconner23456@hotmail.com. I will try to post a comment, once, I fiqure out who is next, so you guys can view that page.

For the tour, I decided to do an interview questions. Thank you to the author, and Alex for the great time, i cant wait to see all the other blog posts.

Here are the questions and answers.



1.) Was it hard this being your first book?




Return the Heart is my debut novel and is was not hard to write. In a way it felt like it was always there just waiting to be written. The story just flowed and the characters sprang to life, which made it easy. Editing the book was definitely more difficult because there were so many ‘layers’ of edits, but I’m very happy with the result.



2.) Are you happy with the outcome of the book, including the cover, etc.?



Yes, I am very happy with the outcome of the book. The cover took my breath away when I first saw it. I am so grateful to the design team who created it. I believe it captures the main character, the intrigue, and the mystery perfectly.



As far as the story, yes I’m happy with that, as well. I did have to cut many scenes that I wanted to leave in the book, but they didn’t advance the plot, so I had to remove them. Maybe someday I will post those deleted scenes on my website. It might be fun for people to see what didn’t make it into the book.



3.) What is your favorite part of being an author?



I wrote Return the Heart for my children. Seeing them hold the book in their hands and staying up late into the night reading it is the best part of being an author for me. I also really enjoy the doors it has opened. I have been able to meet so many people through blogs, book signings, interviews, etc. and I have found some wonderful new friends in the writing community.



4.) How many publishers did you have to go through to get the book published?



After I finished writing and editing Return the Heart I began to search for representation and started researching different publishers. It was a long and painful process, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. During that time I learned more about the publishing industry and I feel it prepared me for the publishing process. It also gave me the tools and information that I needed. It was definitely worth the wait because I am very happy with the book and very happy with my publisher.


A note from the author.


Thank you again for having me as a guest today. I hope you enjoy reading Return the Heart!

1 comment:

TK Richardson said...

Hi Michelle, thank you so much for having me here today! You did a great job. Thank you! :)